Live From Mars was active July 1996-December 1997.
WebChat with Mars Experts
Some Helpful Hints
Following are some simple guidelines for making the event a
success for everyone involved:
Once the chat has ended please feel free to send us an E-mail and comment on the event. We
are working to make the chats a valuable learning experience for you and
students. If you have a suggestion we would love to "hear" it!
- When you log in you will need to give yourself a "handle" (your
name during the chat.) We suggest the following format:
- your first name, a "/" mark, your school name
- for example: Sandy/Sierra Elementary
- hit the "Chat Button" to save this information
- To send a message to the rest of the group, type it into the large
- Once you have completed your message, hit the "Chat Button" to send
it out to the other participants.
- Please do not post any pictures. While these can be fun, they
often take a long time to download and disrupt the chat for participants
with slower speed connections.
- Please try and attend the session from the beginning. If for
some reason you join us late, please read the comments made already
during the chat. This activity will keep you from asking a question
that has already been discussed.
- Make every attempt to become familiar with the background
information on the featured expert.
- Have some fun! Learn something new!