3.1.1 Parts Per Million
- 12 one meter sticks (or dowels cut to one meter lengths)
- masking tape
- modeling clay
- Construct a cube out of the meter sticks and masking tape.
- Roll out 10 to 15 small spheres of modeling clay, each approximately
one centimeter in diameter, representing ozone molecules.
- Using thread, suspend each sphere at a random location within the cube.
- Calculate how many cubic centimeters there are in a cubic meter. Have
students express the relation of the ozone to the cubic meter or atmosphere.
(Each sphere represents one part per million of the total volume of the